Thursday, March 27, 2008

Double digits!

Today's long run was 10 miles...my first double-digit run of 2008!! The hip is good...only feeling it slightly and much less than the perma-hamstring thing, so I'm calling it good. Since I was going up to 10 miles today, I decided it was probably time to start sherpa-ing some liquid fuel again...I haven't had to carry the water bottle in months and it's a bit of a drag. But the fact that I drank almost all of it indicates that it was probably the right decision. I test drove a free sample of Luna's version of gatorade mixed with Nuun and it wasn't too bad...might actually buy some and use it again. My legs were tired by the end and it felt like a long run, but it wasn't awful by any means.

Anyway, I did my creature-of-habit route of Boyer + Lake Union and added an up-and-down of Stone Way to 41st to get the extra mileage and a little hill action. I'm getting a bit tired/bored of this route and am hoping there will be enough daylight by my next long run to go somewhere else...I will definitely muster some creativity for new scenery next time, even if it means getting the headlamp that Tatyana has been recommending for weeks...

10 mile run
1:31:43 (Avg pace = 9:10 per mile)
Avg HR = 143

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice run. I am envious. looks like you had a pretty good week.