Monday, March 17, 2008

Go Ovaltine!

Ended the weekend last night with a nice hike to a movie at Pacific Place with Cara & Robin...we saw "Bank Job" and it was great. It was also pretty cool to walk to the movies downtown from the Shoebox (subtle reminder that I should/could be walking to work more often...).

Started the week today with a good swimteam workout followed by coffee with Tatyana at the Shoebox...in addition to the usual good company, Tatyana shared with me some of her rare imported Canadian Ovaltine -- excellent in coffee as a recovery drink. Ovaltine from Canada is far superior to American Ovaltine (surprise, surprise)---the first ingredient isn't sugar (although it's in there, of course...don't want to be ridiculous), it's some kind of good whey stuff. Anyway, it's great stuff and perhaps my new turbo athlete fuel. Time to start an import business.

I'm taking a day off today for some errands and appointments and in between some of them, I went to Greenlake to do intervals on the track-- and ran the fastest 800s I've ever done. Go Ovaltine!! I haven't done 800s in quite a while and I was happily surprised each time I hit one and looked at my watch...sweet...and even sweeter was that I descended the last 2! And wait, there's more...each 800 was very slightly longer due to running around 3 big mud puddles on the track.

Interval run:

1.1 mile warm up: 9:30

.53 mile 3:29 Avg HR = 157
.12 mile recovery: 1:50 (120)
.53 mile: 3:29 (155)
.12 recovery 1:50 (123)
.53 mile: 3:27 (157)
.12 recovery 1:50 (126)
.53 mile 3:26 (158)

1.77 mile moderate/cool down: 15:11 (143)

5.5 miles total
46:16

No comments: