Thursday, March 20, 2008

Triple double

March madness is kicking up, so I thought I'd document that this week has been a triple double (too bad I'm a lousy basketball player, but I'll steal the jargon for tri training anyway!).

Seems I'm behind a day again in the blogosphere...it's been a crazy-busy week before, during, and after work every day...all good stuff, just hopping from one thing to another all the time and glad tomorrow is Friday. Today was the 3rd double workout in 4 days...they haven't been killer long ones, but I'm starting to feel like it should be weekend and re-charge time soon.

Yesterday was a swim/run day...I had a good swim with Tatyana (we got to make it up and had excellent ideas, of course) and then I managed to get in a really nice short run in the arboretum in the afternoon. Fortunately, it was during the few hours of sunshine and I was thinking it was the perfect intro to spring...a little sun and lots of things blooming and smelling floral-ish. Then, of course, winter wasn't giving in easy and it got totally rainy, windy, and crappy cold later in the evening...but at least I had a short fun run...nice to be on the trails.

Today was swim/bike...the regular good swim followed by another busy day which included the necessity of getting to the Bottleneck to meet Brenda & Megan (hadn't been to B'neck since last Friday!)...I wasn't feeling particularly inspired to ride, but did a short pre-beer spin on the trainer just to get the aforementioned "triple double."

Since tomorrow is Good Friday, Seattle U is closed and there's no swim team (making it very much NOT such a good Friday in my opininon, but whatever, kind of like daylight savings, nobody asked me)...so I swam today instead and will run tomorrow morning. Next week is SU's spring break (another thing I was not consulted on) which will mean no swim team all of next week...I'm working on a plan to deal with this crisis...have some ideas.

Yesterday:
3000 yard swim

3.5 mile run
32:02
Avg HR: 138

Today:
3000 yard swim

35 minute spin on trainer
Avg HR = 130

No comments: