Thursday, March 06, 2008

Run 'n spin day

So far, so good...no "you're a bad neighbor" notes have (yet?) appeared this week as a result of my squeaky bike trainer...shew.

Yesterday turned out to be a swim-only day...too many things going on this week and it seemed the best use of my time to go grocery shopping at lunchtime instead of biking. I made up for it today, though...

It was long run morning and I got in 8 miles (first 8 of '08!). I noticed today that re-building the running endurance means re-learning patience. Last summer, my long runs were SO long, that an 8 miler would've seemed really short. After being down in the 4-5 mile zone for a few months, though, anything over an hour seems long again. Just a mental adjustment that I'm having to make again...don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled to almost be back up to double digit miles.

Anyway, stupid daylight savings time will be happening this weekend (I'd boycott, but I don't think it'd be successful), so I decided to take advantage of this week's morning light and run through Interlakken and the Arboretum...I ran from home and made up the route as I went. The bummer about this lack of route planning was when I popped out of the Arboretum at the bottom of 24th and still had a little more than a half a mile to run...ending an 8 mile run straight UP 24th is not something I'll be doing again if I can help it. I hit the 8 mile mark at Aloha and walked up the last bit of hill to the Shoebox.

I was also invited to be a guest for a certain someone's birthday spin class at Seattle Fitness today at 12:30...another thing I'm not sure I'll be repeating on the same day as one of my longer runs. It was really fun, though...great music and instructor, and a really really nice gym...I kept it pretty aerobic and barely went to AT.

8 mile run:
1:14:07
Avg HR = 140

50 minute spin class
Avg HR = 135
Max HR = 145

No comments: