Friday, March 28, 2008

Life in the fast lane

Swam again this morning at Greenlake...We had 8 in the lane again for a while before various participants started defecting into other lanes. That turbo guy, Brett, was leading and directing the pack again and it started out fairly civil, then ramped up a bit...I managed to sort-of hang through his set of 8 x 150's ("Just stretch it out a bit," he said...yeah, whatever, dude, as Robin and I were chasing like hell and savoring the rests while he looked a bit bored, but waiting patiently for us each time...). As he was creating the next set of IM something-or-other, I saw that Julie had already gone over to the wall lane and was there alone with lots of real estate, so I bailed and finished up with a nice moderate 500. It was a good workout (with the traditional Friday coffee with Julie after, making it especially worthwhile) and the guys were nice and accomodating, but I'll be quite happy to go back to Seattle U on Monday for the new quarter (and I have a feeling that Brett and Jason will be happy to have their lane back to normal as well).

I'm planning to do the regular Friday weights at the gym later today. Watching the weather reports for the latest forecasts for tomorrow...the possibility of "spring snow" indicates there could be another long Saturday morning on the bike trainer, but I'm hoping an outdoor ride is not totally out of the question...TBD.

No comments: