Saturday, March 08, 2008

Saturday slog...

Yesterday was the usual swim team + weights Friday...both were fine, but the last few weeks, I've been pretty body-tired by Friday and very thankful that Fridays aren't doubles. This was a really busy week on all fronts and I was feeling pretty dragged out again yesterday. I slept more than 9 hours, but the dragged-out feeling carried over into this morning's long bike ride. I was supposed to do 60 miles today and had a possible route in mind when I took off, but I truncated it because for most of the 3+ hours I was out there, I just kept thinking to myself that I haven't just didn't have the legs or the enthusiasm to make it to 60---and I've felt this way on my longer rides for about 3 weeks...this should not be happening this early in the year. Looking at my numbers from today and the week, I think I might be on the edge of over-training (i.e. only about 11 hours of training this week, yet my legs are thrashed and my avg. HR and pace for this ride were a little low, although I now feel like I want to lay on the floor with the remote until tomorrow!).
Anyway, today's ride was in some drizzle and breeze...and a lot of wet pavement...which also didn't do too much for my enthusiasm...but it wasn't cold and I was comfortably over-dressed and warm. I did the long side of Mercer Island and the north end of the lake...felt pretty good climbing Juanita, but the last few miles on the trail were a limp...50 miles total.
I'm now off to work a few hours at the Bike Expo (so much for my laying on the floor fantasy...), and am happy happy happy that tomorrow is my rest day!
50 mile ride:
3:27
Avg HR = 114
Avg pace = 14.5

No comments: