Saturday, March 29, 2008

March madness

What's that saying about March..."In like a lion, out like a...." I'm gonna say polar bear this year. After several hours of snow/rain yesterday, it was still dang cold again this morning and the forecast included things like "ice pellets and scattered snow/rain showers..." For whatever reason, I slept 10 hours last night and woke up with a few cobwebs and not a lot of energy, so it was just fine with me to sit around in the shoebox for a while. It looked wet and cold, but nothing was falling from the sky so I sat around for a while longer deciding what to do. Karin and I had wanted to ride together today and we exchanged a few waffling/procrastinating emails (see, I'm not the only one!) before she decided to get on her trainer and just before 10:00 I followed suit. Fortunately, it's March madness time and there was a women's basketball game on TV, so ESPN got me through the morning. I got some new running shoes yesterday (REI dividend + coupon = FREE running shoes!), so I decided to do a brick and give them a short test drive. By the time I got out for the run --which was much more interesting than the trainer had been---the pavement was mostly dry and there were a couple of sunbreaks...and now that I'm done with both, of course, it's much more sunny. Perhaps I should've bucked up and biked outside. But...my toes were numb for the whole 20 minute run, so perhaps I made the right call to ride indoors anyway.

Anyway, got it done and am looking forward to some real spring weather that might actually happen next week...I hope!

Bike trainer:
2:00
Avg HR = 129

Run:
20 minutes
Avg HR = 140

No comments: