Saturday, March 15, 2008

Ironman-inspired trainer ride

Yesterday was the usual swim 'n weights Friday...and this week, I was definitely less beat up by end of week than usual...the lower intensity training this week was really helpful.

I celebrated the end of week and Stacey's birthday with happy hour at Atlas yesterday afternoon...then went to the Bottleneck where my pal, Brenda, made it her mission to buy me (more) beers. There's a new beer at the Bottleneck, a Wisconsin beer called Leinenkugel's, and I'm digging it. I think I probably had at least one "extra" last night and it took some strong coffee to clear the cobwebs this morning, shew. However, I bounced back and did my Leinenkugel's pennance on the trainer and, I'm sure, sweated it all out. I'd planned to bike with Tatyana and Karin this morning, but we all bailed when we saw that it was 40 degrees and raining...I was bummed because I was looking forward to riding with them, but it turned out to be a good indoor ride. I lasted 2 hours and 30 minutes and watched my tape of '07 Ironman Hawaii which was totally inspiring. I managed not to fall off the bike the several times I got all choked up and only took one small break at the 1:50 mark. The last few minutes I was pretty well toast, but felt good that I lasted that long...kept the HR moderate and the cadence at 90+ the whole time.

Trying to recover a bit now...then the cycling themed day will continue with our Tour de Cure Kick Off this afternoon and the Bikeworks auction tonight. Rest day tomorrow!

Trainer ride:
2:30
Avg HR = 126

No comments: