Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Earth day + Birthday

Yesterday was earth day...and other than the tatoo of the earth on the back of my left shoulder, I didn't really do much to honor our nice planet...had to drive to work and carbon footprint my way out to Redmond for some meetings, so I didn't even do no-car Tuesday. Yesterday was a non stop long day, but I did get in an hour on the bike trainer in the a.m....threw in a few 1-min intervals to break monotony, but nothing fancy. Also managed to wedge my weights workout into the afternoon.

Today is my 42nd birthday...holy crap, that's 21 twice and I swear I negative split the second one as it has kind of flown by! To celebrate my birthday, I am flying to San Fransisco in a few hours to see one of my BFFs, Malia until Sunday. My colleagues at work now know me pretty well and, instead of the obligatory cake, they gave me a bag of Luna Bars and a bike route book yesterday! This was GREAT as I chose to spend those extra non-cake calories on 2 Black Butte Porters at Smith Tavern later in the evening...Whoop!! My pal, Nancy, at work also gave me a gift certificate for a massage from Mish and I can't wait to use it when I'm back from San Fran. I also had a fun package to unwrap this morning from my friends, Brenda & Megan and a nice present from my parents...nice to be spoiled :)

I went to swim team this morning and announced to our coach, Emily, that it was my 42nd birthday and that I wanted a set of 4 x 200's to celebrate...and that I wanted as much freestyle as possible--no stroke crap-- in the workout. She obliged and people were quite nice to me at the pool.

I also got in a bike ride today...I would like to report that I rode 42 miles in honor of my 42nd birthday....or that I did 42 hill repeats....but both of those would be big fat lies. I did have a nice 30 mile ride around Mercer Island and back, however...overdressed and sweated like crazy, but too hot is always better than too cold. It wasn't the balmy sunny day I'd hoped for, but dry pavement and no rain is a good enough birthday present for me! My legs were a little tired and I realized I've biked 3 times in 4 days and did that tempo run on the other day...so 30 miles was plenty and I felt I did a pretty good push. I'm planning to do my long run at Malia's tomorrow...a change of route will be good!

Yesterday:
1:00 bike trainer
Avg HR = 127

Today:
3100 yard swim

30 mile bike
1:58:53
Avg HR = 126
Max HR = 159
Avg pace = 15.1

No comments: