Friday, April 25, 2008

Trip within a trip

I'm in the San Diego airport about to fly back up to San Fran...I had a little half day trip to SD for a professional fact-finding mission. I liked the facts I found and am calling the day a likely success...will know more soon.

I started the day today with a good swim at the Albany High School pool in Malia's neighborhood...I'd intended to sleep in, but woke up about 6:00 and decided to walk over to lap swim. The pool was really old with a pretty dang cold locker room...but the place had character and not a lot of swimmers, so lap swim road rage was avoided and I had a good swim. The pool seemed long, though, and after I timed myself on what I thought was a 200 and it was about a minute slower than it should have been, I asked the lifeguard if the pool was meters or what. She said it was 100 feet long, or 33.3 yards. How the hell are you supposed to figure out your yardage on THAT base? I think I figured out that I did about the usual yardage and called it good...definitely a little more intersting than usual :)

I forgot to report the other day that Virgin Airlines is my new favorite airline...way cool entertainment features and the flight crews have been really cool.

It's supposed to be 83 degrees in San Fran tomorrow...whoop!

No comments: