Thursday, April 10, 2008

Heavy legs Thursday...

Slept in till 6:30 today...legs were a bit cob-webby from the bike hills last night and this week's long run was only 8 miles and I knew I could get it done during the day. So I declared a "no car Thursday," had the usual lots of coffee with the Today show and walked in to work to wake up my legs more slowly. Unfortunately, the cobwebs weren't totally gone from the legs by the time I set out for my run a few hours later...at 2 miles they were pretty heavy and not excited about the excursion AT ALL, despite the opportunity to run through Interlakken. Things improved a little by about miles 4-5 and I got it all done with minimal internal whining...Glad tomorrow is swim/weights and a day off the legs.

8 mile run
1:12:32
Avg HR = 137
Max HR = 154

No comments: