Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Still draggin' Wednesday...

Swimming was fine this morning...but the rest of the day, I was really dragging again/still. I got to bed at 9:15 last night, but when the alarm woke me up this morning, I was not done sleeping.

A couple hours before bike group this evening all I wanted was to sleep...and eat. So I ate a Clif Bar and got myself down to Madrona to do the workout. We did some speed/cadence/power stuff down to Seward Park...or, well, we were supposed to. I kind of kept with the program on the way to the park...and in the park we alternated hard/easy laps of the top of the park. I had time to get in 8 loops and I did really push it on the 4 hard ones...HR hit 162 on one of them. Coming back to Madrona, I must admit I basically cheated and went 1 min hard/1 min easy and didn't do the prescribed cadence/gear ladder we were supposed to do. When we got done, the evening and the temperature were quite nice and I almost wanted to do a few more flat miles, but then I remembered how damn tired I've been for 2 days...went directly home to shower, eat and very soon will tuck myself in for some needed recovery sleep.

Swim: 3050 yards

Bike:
55 minutes
15 miles with intervals/speed

No comments: