Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Hunger trumps warmth

Today started out well with a good swim. It was only Tatyana and me in the lane and she came over to the Shoebox after swimming for coffee. We solved all the world's problems by 8:00 a.m. and then I had a nice walk to work...I didn't do "no car Tuesday" yesterday, so I wanted to get in at least one walk to/from work this week. I didn't work out at lunch (but did hike to the Licensing Office to renew my driver's license where there was NO line, wow) because Cheryl asked me to help out with her Wednesday evening bike group. Tonight was the first night for the group and several of us dressed for the weather/temperature that was in effect about 2 hours before bike group...we were cold and slightly cranky about it and anxious to get going. Fortunately, it was a hill workout and for a decent amount of time in the middle, I could almost feel my fingers and toes. We did some great hill stuff over on 45th by Metropolitan Market.

By the time I got back to the Shoebox, I was really cold...the only reason I got out of the shower before I tested the outer limits of the building's hot water heater (and turned an even brighter shade of pink than the shrimplike one I already had going) was that I'd have eaten a shampoo bottle if I stayed in there any longer...hunger trumps warmth. Overall, it was a good day...I also managed to chop down my inbox at work from 150+ to about 22...sweet.

Swim:
3000 yards

Bike:
1:00
Hill repeats
Avg HR = 109
Max HR = 159

No comments: