Monday, April 21, 2008

Lake Union Tempo Run

I went to bed at 8:30 last night...the regular Sunday cleaning of the Shoebox and folding of the small mountain of laundry was postponed until tonight because I was just too wiped out from the weekend. This proved to be a really good decision and I was back in action today with the usual Monday double.

Julie, Sue, and I had a good swim at Seattle U. this morning...the usual 3,000 yards and we got to move out of the wall lane to an open lane in the middle...nice.

I kept track of Seujan's splits at the Boston Marathon online all morning and after I saw that she was done, I went out for my tempo run. I figured that if several thousand people could dig deep for 4 hours including heartbreak hill, I could push it on a flat route for 4 miles. The strategy worked pretty well if I say so myself. I ran at Lake Union...started on the south end with a half mile warm up and then went out-and-back up almost to Fremont on the Westlake side. I'm happy to report this was my fastest tempo run ever and I averaged a 7:27 mile pace!! Whoop!!

Swim: 3,000 yards

Tempo Run:
.5 mile warm up: 4:26

4 miles hard: 29:47
Avg HR = 162
Max HR = ?? (gadget said 206, but there's no way...more like 167, I think)

.75 mile cool down: 6:39

Total: 5.25
40:42

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy 42nd birthday to you on April 23. The best gift in life is having family and friends who think of you, care about you and wish the very best for you, even when you don't know they're there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T5GKHqU35Y