Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Coached up again

My legs are getting the mellow day they asked for yesterday...just swimming today and I will try to get in a few minutes of Core at some point. Had a great swim with Tatyana this morning, just the 2 of us in the lane and a few short "social kick" sets with a little chatting...got in the usual 3,000.

After swimming, I had a meeting at the Shoebox with Cheryl to plot out the next 7 weeks of training...the plan is to do Lake Padden, Fat Salmon, and Troika with a few other "maybes," like Flying Wheels this Saturday and the Seattle Century at the end of July. As expected, she told me I have to up the speedwork on the bike. I knew that was coming. But I get a few more days of the post-Hawaii recovery phase (euphemism for the tan-fading weeks) and a long ride coming up on Saturday without any hammering...and, it appears that the forecast is better-than-dismal for the weekend, so it might be possible to manufacture a little vitamin D.

No comments: