Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Post vacation drag...

I'm slogging through today and the rainy Seattle post-vacation blues on caffeine. We got back to Seattle smoothly and on time, but it was past midnight when I got to bed. I'd thought about going to swim team this morning, but part way through the very short night, I adjusted the alarm to a slightly less insane time and managed to wake up before it went off. As soon as I woke up, I was already thinking about how early I could get back into bed tonight...jetlag-o-rama. I got up and did an easy spin on the bike trainer for 40 minutes and walked to work (in the rain, of course) via the grocery store. There was almost an echo in my empty frig, and no lunch materials whatsoever (I figured beer + mustard might not fly at the office or work so well).

I lifted weights at lunch...it felt good to be back in the gym, but I'm feeling both body-tired and sleepy-tired so I didn't push it. I want to stay moving this week, but really focus on smart recovery and keep everything light so I'll be raring to hit it again in a week or 2.

40 min bike trainer:
Avg HR = 121, Max 130

No comments: