Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Coldest June in history

OK, did I mention that this is the coldest June on record since 1894???? For godsake, enough already, ENOUGH!

I went for a double-Greenlake run this morning (in long sleeves) with a friend and her dog...it was fun to chat and go for coffee afterwards, although my legs were definitely a bit tired. Oh, and my hands were numb...shoulda worn gloves, although I just couldn't do it on principle--one does not wear gloves in June, it's like wearing white after Labor Day or something, isn't it? Anyway, my legs voted for a single loop, but I thought that going less than 3 miles was way too weenie so I said "sure" when Amy asked if I wanted to go a 2nd lap. The dog had the most bounce of all in attendance, I think. I was still feeling some "heavy" in my legs for the rest of day and will honor their request for a swim-only day tomorrow, I think.

Got in weights this afternoon.

There is sun in the forecast, but I'll believe it when I see it.

5.6 mile run
48:31
Avg HR = 148

No comments: