Sunday, June 15, 2008

Purple 'n paddle




Bring on the summer!!! Today I went with Liz and Tatyana for pedicures. It was Liz's birthday and we had a blast at the Hoa salon in Madison valley. This was my first spa pedicure in 4 years and also probably the 2nd time EVER that this creature of habit has chosen a color other than blue. Look at me busting out and learning how to do things differently! We didn't plan it, but all picked a shade of purple. Part of the reason I went with purple was to match my swimsuit...the second part of this event was to swim in Lake Washington (yes, I know you can't see the swimsuit under the wetsuit, but it'll match in the pool!). Since it was a rest day today, I figured it'd be a good day to test the 58ish degree Lake Washington water and it wouldn't piss me off if I only lasted 2 minutes since no workouts would be lost in the experiment. Liz bailed on the swim part and was the photographer...Tatyana, always the good sport and ever my swimming wingman, was in. As I was putting on my wetsuit, my beloved Helix suffered an injury...big fat tear on the seam (guess who was at Speedy Reedy within 2 hours of this injury talking to Brooke about what to do...crap).

Anyway, even with the new air conditioning in my suit and the Father's Day boat traffic, it was pretty good out there and I am so so so happy that open water season is officially open (ok, it was before today for other people, but I was too wussy). We swam to the cabana dock and were in the water for about 20 minutes with minimal numbness...the whole time I was thinking that I can't wait for the Friday morning group swims and breakfasts at the Essential bakery.

Whooo-Hoooo!!

No comments: