Thursday, June 05, 2008

Cranky McCrankington

That nice mantra I had of "IN HAWAII" just a few days ago, has, unfortunately degenerated to various less-seratonin-releasing phrases like, "In the &%*@#! rain..." (For example, "I want to continue wearing chaco sandals forever, but I'm putting on f-ing socks and shoes to go out...IN THE *%^&@! RAIN" and "It sure would be nice to ride my bike outside in a tank top, but I'm going to spin class, and to get there, I must go to the gym...IN THE *$@&! RAIN").

I'm trying to pull myself out of this week's lousy mood with minimal success...the post-TDC, post-vacation, post-race + a few more things depletion is causing me to claim the title of Cranky McCrankington. My goal is to start working with a mantra of, at least, "This, too, shall pass..." and to get back to my sunny (please, god, let it get sunny) disposition by...let's shoot for next week, I'm in pretty deep.

As usual, the disposition management strategy I'm defaulting to (well, besides food and scheduling social options to share my contagious crankiness with others, how is my phone not ringing off the hook?) is throwing some workouts at my recent bad mood and poor sleep.

This morning I went for the first run of the week...a 4-miler down into Interlakken and (slowwwwllllly) back up the big hill. It felt pretty good and it was nice to get moving at an easy pace. And...I managed to get that one in NOT in the rain. At lunch, I went to spin class...also kept that one aerobic. My legs felt pretty dang heavy, but I never went over AT and, I think, maintained the cycling muscle memory.

This, too, shall pass...this, too, shall pass (just practicing...)

4 mile run:
39:10
Avg HR = 142

50 min spin class:
Avg HR = 129
Max HR = 138

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Argh...I hear ya' Ms. McCrankington. :) This is all for your rest and recovery week isn't it? Sunny rides are on the way, lake swimming too...must mean we will have an incredible autumn.
Rain, rain go away sporty girls just want to play...
RS