Monday, June 09, 2008

Starting to ramp back up...

I have a meeting scheduled with the coach this week and, until then, I'm making up my own workout schedule...I'm preparing for the idea that race recovery is pretty much over and I'll be hammering along hard again soon...so today I figured I might as well start moving in that direction.

I went to swimming this morning and it was just Sue and me in the lane...and no coach. This was fine with me as we got to make up our own workout--no nonsense, drills, or stroke crap--whoo-hoo! Good swim.

It's raining---AGAIN (or still?)---so I went to spin class at lunch. The instructor was pretty bad (surprise, surprise), but I ran into a new friend in class and we heckled him together which made it more fun. I did a few of the intervals at sub-suicide pace to re-introduce the idea of speed work to my legs...they're not excited, but I think they have agreed to show up when called upon next week.

My old hip twinge made a mild re-appearance since yesterday's run. I got out the tennis ball and will work on the hip tonight before I run tomorrow...

Swim: 3,200

Spin class:
51 minutes
Avg HR = 135
Max HR = 149

No comments: