Monday, June 02, 2008

Moping across the Pacific

The end of a vacation always makes me sad, especially when I've gotten warm and brown and am going back towards clouds and coolness...I'm super bummed to be going back to Seattle today. We said goodbye to Pele and the Big Island a few hours ago and we're in the Maui airport now waiting for our connection to Seattle. I'd love to just walk right out of the airport and set up camp here on Maui somewhere, but I don't feel confident in my ability to create a decent sustainability plan at the moment. Sigh.

Seujan and I went to swim team practice this morning in Kona...it was a good fun workout and really fun to be in the outdoor pool. Lots of the Kona swim team had done the race on Saturday and at least a few earned local slots for Ironman in October. After the workout, we ate the last of the papayas and dragged ourselves and all our crap to the airport...as nice of a last morning as one can have, I suppose.

Swim team: 2,750 yards

No comments: