Thursday, June 19, 2008

Gadget breakdown of the day...

The mechanical issue of the day today was that my GPS went into a coma (it dang well better not be death) overnight. I put it on the charger after last night's bike workout and this morning the stupid thing wouldn't power up at all. I'm going to take it to REI later today for diagnosis...holy crap, there has been some equipment malfunction or issue almost every day this week. Remember when we just ran out the front door to go out and play?

Anyway, it was a long run day today with 9-10 miles on the schedule. In the absence of the favorite gadget (and lack of enthusiasm for hills after last night's bike workout), I put on my regular favorite watch and chose a familiar/boring route...started at Boyer & 24th and did the Boyer + Lake Union 9 miles. Then, to get the last mile, I went out-and-back on Interlaken and double-checked on mapmyrun.com to verify that I got the right distance, which I did. Used the amphipod today to sherpa gatorade and was glad I did...drank it all.

I didn't have time to make my lunch today, so I had a nice walk to Whole Foods at noon...trying not to sit for too long at a time and prevent the usual tin-man syndrome I get after long runs...felt good to walk.

10 mile run
1:36:00

No comments: